Thursday 14 April 2011

a travelling start...

A dark tourist traditionally travels to sites associated with death and disaster and is the main idea behind my geography dissertation, therefore since travelling to some dark tourist sites seemed inevitable I decided that writing a blog about my travels may be an interesting idea. However this blog has quickly digressed and aims to follow my travels over the next few months chronicling both light and dark tourism.

So through this blog hopefully I can refrain from being the illusive traveller whom no one sees to a living travel guide as I attempt to become an economic geographer in Krakow, an interailer in cologne, partake in a lad's night out in Prague. Onto climbing in Munich, surviving the dangers of a coach trip through the Balkans, before learning how to research in Sarajevo. And finally learning what women can and can't do while avoiding rabid dogs when undertaking an internship in Dhaka.

So hopefully I won't go bankrupt and will instead have some tales to tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment